Sign in to follow this  
Rod

Triggers that could affect economic chaos

Today a major pipeline was destroyed in Saudi Arabia by anti-American terrorists. The pipeline carried light-sweet crude, the most desirable type. This is the sort of trigger that could ripple outwards to cause economic chaos.

Several analysts have begun to warn that oil prices have reached a level where they pose a risk to the economy, by consuming too large a share of spending which deflates growth. That level is currently $110/barrel. The destruction of the pipeline has already spiked prices upwards right at the end of the day. It will undoubtebly continue upwards tomorrow.

Is this the straw that will break the camel's back? Doubtful. However, economic chaos often results more from speculation than reality. Enough of these types of shocks will introduce too much uncertainty and the market will start to run out of control.

Managing a world market is something no-one has any real experience with. We are treading on very thin ice here.

Just one man's opinion.

Silver is up also.$35.47....But to purchase on line..

1 oz Bars (50 to 99) $37.12

1 oz Bars (100 to 499) $36.92

1 oz Bars (500 to 999) $36.82

1 oz Bars (1000 to 4999) $36.72

$2.00 over spot prices..so this is what I watch..If for any reason I see it jump to $50.00an ounch Im checking the web and foriegn news because something is moving..

JMHO

FWIW, S.A. Is denying that story now. Not that I trust S.A. anymore than the Iranians that initially reported it. I guess we'll have to wait for our own Ministry of Truth to tell us what really happened ;)

Edited by MikeE

This most ungood, guys. Gas was already headed to $4.00 before this. Looks like we are now going past $5.00. That will have a crushing impact on the slow motion recession, I mean, recovery. Sorry, can't type more, I have to go fill up all my spare gas cans before the price spikes!

Edited by Texas Bill

Oil surged above $110 a barrel in after-hours trading Thursday on a disputed report by an Iranian media outlet that an explosion occurred somewhere on a Saudi Arabian pipeline.

Saudi officials issued a statement around 4 p.m. EST saying the report was untrue, and oil prices have since slipped.

After settling for the day up $1.77, or 1.7%, at $108.84 on the New York Mercantile Exchange, the commodity jumped as high as $110.55 after Dow Jones reported the Iranian account. Brent crude futures in Europe hit a three year high, topping $128 a barrel.

The report came from the web site of Press TV, a 24-hour news channel owned by Iran’s government. It offered no source to its account. Inside a glaring graphic reading “Breaking News,” the site claimed “Oil Prices Hit 10-month High after oil pipelines exploded in the east of Saudi Arabia.”

A Saudi oil official told FOXBusiness.com that no explosion occurred and there are no disruptions to pipeline.

I just found this..NO other news group is reporting it..

Iran is now saying ................BOOOO bet I scared you ha ha...

The jury appears to still be out on whether there was an explosion or it is all a hoax by Iran. I would prefer a hoax but even that says something about how someone things they can do damage to us just by lying.

The jury appears to still be out on whether there was an explosion or it is all a hoax by Iran. I would prefer a hoax but even that says something about how someone things they can do damage to us just by lying.

The Persians invented chess , they know how to tweek and poke to get the reactions they are looking for , I am fairly sure everything they do is part of a long range plan and I believe our leaders are too thick skulled and arrogant to understand this.

I think we are on the "right" path here regarding triggers, since so much of the economy is based on the pricing structure of crude oil and how it relates to our pump prices. I am sure some of the recent rise some of us have noticed at the grocery store is due in part to the inflation uptick and the weakening dollar as well as the increased carrying costs associated with transporting goods to market.

If the costs of fuel, especially diesel continues to surge, expect to see an increase cost in farm product prices and a concurrent reduction in supply as more farmers fail. The farmers operate on a fairly slim profit margin and if the cost of harvesting a crop continues to narrow with the price per bushel (or whatever), then we are going to see a problem at the grocery store- you know, that place where all our food comes from.

diesel is not the big issue. though it pushes up prices of good the biggest pusher in the ag area is the fact that most fertilizer IS petroleum based. Spring is starting and planting is about to begin. the increases in the crops production cost will start to impact futures in about another 2 months.

This most ungood, guys. Gas was already headed to $4.00 before this. Looks like we are now going past $5.00. That will have a crushing impact on the slow motion recession, I mean, recovery. Sorry, can't type more, I have to go fill up all my spare gas cans before the price spikes!

Gas has been over $4 a gallon in Southern California for several weeks now. Right now it's DOWN to about $4.27 for regular after being over $4.40 a couple weeks ago.

trevon anyone?

exterior forces yes there are plenty only because we have been ignoring them and they come back to bite

us.

but these internal issues can make trouble also just some food for thought and for those in possible

areas that have had problems before.

An interesting observation. Could an event like the Trevon death act as a trigger to economic chaos? The death of a duke is generally regarded as the event that started WWI. Is it possible our society could become so weak that this could become a trigger?

An interesting observation. Could an event like the Trevon death act as a trigger to economic chaos? The death of a duke is generally regarded as the event that started WWI. Is it possible our society could become so weak that this could become a trigger?

Maybe Im a bit too optimistic, but I dont see one incident like that being enough. But if there happened to be one or more unrelated incidents that are similar in nature, I could see it becoming enough. If it were to spark a riot, the rioting causes a fire that burns down a water treatment plant, or power plant... and things snowball from there.

my thought were more like a domino principle treyvon gas prices and a few other stumbling blocks

all I know these are all catalyst for nothing positive am sure we can all add to this list but if it is all

converging to an intersection like keystone cops it could make prices pop and that would shoot

our economy in the other foot.

i feel like I am in the middle of a cockeyed polish firing squad {not trying to disparage the polish}

attempting to give a visual through text.

and I am either going to get wounded to pieces over having a peaceful death or just get slaughtered,

neither are appealing.

Guest kevin

the trigger i most worry about?

things continuing in the same spiral we are currently in.

Trevon is political prestidigitation. It presents the opportunity to polarize the middleground voter based on hackneyed stereotypes: the innocent minority kid and the dumbass redneck security guard looking for an excuse to shoot said minority. Rodney King all over again, without the riots this time. The incident gives the media something to bitch about instead of reporting how bad things are for the average joe.

If anything, the result I would expect to see is a run on firearms and ammunition because some politician will try to push through "Trevon's Law" somewhere. So an initial increase in economic activity in that sector, followed by a drop.

I see some different triggers on the immediate horizon that can and will cause economic and civil chaos if I am correct, which I sincerwly hope and pray I am not. First, when Iran is attacked by whomever, the Hezboll'ah and Hamas "advisors"

currently seconded to the narcotrafficantes in Mexico and Central America will unleash terror along the border, the likes of

which we have never seen. This will cause massive refugee influx across the US border in the hundreds of thousands if notnmore in a very short time span. Second, this extreme border violence will be the cause of various calls for martial law or a "National emergency", timed close to the November elections, and could very well be used to have certain elected officials

call for a suspension of the national elections because of the "national emergency". Throw in economic chaos

and a severe disruption in the food disteibution and manufacturing capabilities in this country and Voila', a perfect storm.

malcolm is correct..

There are a couple of different ways to get "The Party Started"..and it would piss off Texas to than ALLOW everyone in to Protect them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Than again the larger Citys having "Big Al Sharpen" preach the word of Taking justic into there own hands Helps a bit also..

Oh wait..than you have little know groups like this one.

West Virginia Security Corps

Alarmed by the overgrowth of government, the erosion of our freedoms, the systematic destruction of the American economy by globalists, and the general decline of our nation – the citizens of West Virginia formed the West Virginia Security Corps.

U.S. Militia Groups......will move next ...and the back lash will be that the Military will be fighting on our own soil..IF they listen to unlawfull orders..

Up here in ontario Canada, we are now paying $1.40 a litre for regular gas. Which is $6.30 a gallon.:mad: You guy's in the states have it good compaired to us Canadians.

Edited by P210SIG

Anybody reading the DEBKAfile? I've been following it ever since the CAPT. recommended it. News you don't hear in our media. Anyway, Russia has sent some troops to Syria and told the US to back off or else! A false move or a trigger finger could be the start of a major regional war or even WWIII. At minimum oil and therefore everything will sky-rocket. Keep an eye on it.