Sign in to follow this  
brickintubesock

Best Way to Pack Toilet Paper?

use a pencil run a line of elmers glue down the side of the pencil place the end of the T.P On it and roll it after the glue dries tight a full roll ends up taking up a third of the space.

Great idea and you can write a letter while you are finishing the paperwork. And if you really need to, you can work it out with the pencil. win win.

Edited by VIS 9

All the idea's are good. But most are short term ideas. When your out there for 3 mo. Also If your with your family Of four then what. My idea was funny and meant that way ,but think about socks are reusable.

okay has anyone thought about using a lavette bottle. they are used by women post delivery, but they work real good, as i used one after my sons birth while we were living in woods. youll need a way to dry off, i used cloth diapers but the lavette bottle gets you really clean. not so fun in cold weather but youll survive

In the Army, I used to stash a roll in my helmet between the suspension webbing and the kevlar pot, after removing the tube and squishing it flat into a ziplock bag. Those were the slightly smaller 'commercial TP' rolls the Army stocked in the latrines, not the big jumbo rolls you can buy in the grocery store.

Also note that TP comes in 1 ply and 2 ply versions. The 1 ply takes up a lot less room.

Short-term, toilet paper and wipes and fine. Long-term, maybe not feasible. I have plain muslin that I've cut up and stacked. It isn't hemmed - someday, if I have time and think of it, I might run a line of staystitching to keep it from fraying much. This is something that could be washed (boiled the heck out of, I hope) and reused for years and years.

Nanaquilts,

Now that is an outstanding idea that hadn't crossed my mind it saves money space time and is a long term solution rather trying to repack to condense wasting the money you lose the convenience of bury and forget but it would more than make up for it in additional supplies, space and time. Thanks. See this old dog does still learn great solution

I must admit that my way is a little hard to sustain but I had a customer that used the huge rolls without a core just toilet paper wrapped super tight down to nothing and the ends of thiese giant rolls are greAt for packing