Sign in to follow this  
brickintubesock

Best Way to Pack Toilet Paper?

Hi guys.

I was taking a look at my BOB today, and I think there's gotta' be a way to pack t.p. in less space. So far what I've done is I've removed the cardboard part and stuffed it in a ziploc. I might put some rubber bands on it, but it's still pretty bulky. Is there a better way? Thanks guys.

One way to really pack more toilet paper and save space would be to vacuum seal the bag although after opening it the first time it will expand to its larger size but with something like toilet paper in there I would think it would get pretty small.

Soak it in water and squeeze it. Reusing it is a lot harder though.

I've found that napkins have about the same absorbency, easier to pack, and if you squish it really tight before you use it, it becomes really pliable. It'll never be as nice as Charmin, but it's as good as the industrial supply tp.

Then again you could do as the Roman Legion and carry a large piece of natural sponge tied to a stick and wash. That is if you have enough water. It can be cleaned after use. It is not bulky or heavy. It is re-useable, the only catch is you need a water source. Does not have to be filtered water.

Edited by VIS 9

Lol. I guess I should stock the crap out of this stuff. Maybe I could go down to Sam's and buy a buttload of it. Of course that's ass-uming there's a sale.

You are wasting your talents brickintubesock! :)

Lol. I guess I should stock the crap out of this stuff. Maybe I could go down to Sam's and buy a buttload of it. Of course that's ass-uming there's a sale.

LOL, now we know the real reason you started this thread.

Guest survival101

lmao. y'all are too funny. okay, i offer you "the bidet." Pack a 10 oz clean dish detergent (like Palmolive) bottle. Once the toilet paper runs out, fill this little gem with water (when you can get it) and take with you to the latrine. a 10 oz bottle of water squirted at the appropriate area should be more than enough to leave you squeaky clean.

lmao. y'all are too funny. okay, i offer you "the bidet." Pack a 10 oz clean dish detergent (like Palmolive) bottle. Once the toilet paper runs out, fill this little gem with water (when you can get it) and take with you to the latrine. a 10 oz bottle of water squirted at the appropriate area should be more than enough to leave you squeaky clean.

Or for that fresh clean feeling, leave the detergent in the bottle...

Every one must think of what to do, not just me. You could use your sock. Bring more them one pair. after using it put it in a bag to be washed when you can. And them put on the other pair. that way they serve two purposes. lol.

Guest survival101

Matt, you are too right. That's why I live in the South. Oh, yeah, and I was born here so am temporarily stuck here. Use your sock, then, like James says. :D

Guest survival101
Every one must think of what to do, not just me. You could use your sock. Bring more them one pair. after using it put it in a bag to be washed when you can. And them put on the other pair. that way they serve two purposes. lol.

Just don't wash the sock in the water source.