Sign in to follow this  
Packaged Chaos

GHB - Anyone have a foldable bicycle?

I was contemplating what all I need to have in my truck to get home from work should I break down or there be a natural disaster. Tornadoes, high wind storms, and flooding being the most recent disasters to hit the area. I got to thinking I live 27 miles from work. On foot with the hills and everything I would be doing good to make that in 10 hours of constant walking without stopping. Seems pretty far fetched to plan to walk home. I was thinking what I needed was a bike that didn't take up the whole bed of my truck, then I could cut the time down to probably 2-3 hours if I had to go the full distance. Anyone have a similar situation or have experience with a foldable bike? I am open to ideas.

Try the Columba 26" Alloy Folding Bike sold at Amazon.com. A friend has one and he has no problem folding it up and sticking it into his small rice burner trunk. Considering other models on the market this one looks reasonably priced. For a more rugged folding model look at the Montague Paratrooper, also sold on Amazon.com. I have no first hand experience with this model and it definitely is more expensive.

sometimes you can get them cheapish at swapmeets. my friend was into them, they're neat.

me, I ve though about getting a razor scooter. light, cheap, foldable, and plenty fast. less parts to fail. if I ever need to use it I wont care how foolish I look riding it loaded with gear ;-)