Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bart

Big Sis is watching

sighhhh....I remember being single.

I don't - I married my high school sweetheart when I was 20 and have been married for 42 years! I see your point though. When you have to worry about the survival of others, especially if children are in the mix, your freedom of action shrinks greatly. Sometimes it is easier to be a martyr than to be the martyr's family. He's gone but they have to live their lives anyway. I'm not arguing with Ready4What's statement; I'm just saying it is a lot easier for those without a family. Survival preps are much harder for a family as well. There is a reason the military prefers young, unmarried men for soldiers and older, married men for NCOs and officers.

It appears that it is NOT just Big Sis. Check out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2042573/Facebook-privacy-row-Social-network-giant-admits-bugs.html

We are supposed to "trust" Facebook that they deleted all of that stuff. Of course, as I've said before, if it was on their servers overnight, it is NEVER deleted. Anyone want to clear out their cookie/history lists?

Won't be 100% and it will make your life more difficult if you disable cookies so take your choice. Just remember, you ARE being observed. Reminds me of the old "eye of God" painting that was popular back when I was a kid. see http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-god-eye-painting--image1441320 or look on your dollar bill above the pyramid for example. Moral being you were always being observed. Somehow I trust God (He has never called me a terrorist) more than I trust Big Sis.

.... I see your point though. When you have to worry about the survival of others, especially if children are in the mix, your freedom of action shrinks greatly. ......

I was joking more at the personal freedom and ability to buy what you want, how you want, as you want.

I was joking more at the personal freedom and ability to buy what you want, how you want, as you want.

I got your joke... But I too am married. wife just lets me do whatever I want, because she knows that I wouldn't do anything that she wouldn't approve in the first place...

I'm not trying to be a martyr, but living in fear is not living free. Deleting all of the cookies, and facebook posts, and whatever dont mean squat once you have accessed a "site of concern" (like a survival site) just once... I have a facebook account and I post some family outing pics and what not every few weeks. There's nothing on there that I would not show my mom, employer, or the head of HSA... I have nothing to hide...

I have nothing to hide...

It is not about what you do or don't have to hide. Since being a veteran is now grounds for suspicion I have to wonder what else will be "something to hide" tomorrow that is OK today. A look at the way the various secret police have worked in other times and places should give us all pause.

What with face recognition software, data mining, and changing government 'standards' on who is an enemy of the state it behooves us to be aware of what we are leaving around for others to mine.

Dont forget the new Interpol law. They can now come search, seize, kill you, whatever. No warrants, and have diplomatic immunity for whatever they do... So they can come to your house, bust down the door, confiscate all your stuff, and kill you.... All with no reprocussions... Scarey.

It is not about what you do or don't have to hide. Since being a veteran is now grounds for suspicion I have to wonder what else will be "something to hide" tomorrow that is OK today. A look at the way the various secret police have worked in other times and places should give us all pause.

What with face recognition software, data mining, and changing government 'standards' on who is an enemy of the state it behooves us to be aware of what we are leaving around for others to mine.

CAPT, spot on. Being a Veteran does entail risks now. Vets are being flagged as "a national security threat" because they seen or performed certain tasks while in the service. Just by holding an intelligence MOS, you are supposed to call and get approval from DoD and State to take a vacation cruise or hop across the border to pick up a load in the 18 wheeler you're driving to earn a paycheck. GPS can be tracked back to your location, without the knowledge of the user.

Edited by Regulator5

I realize that I may be overly optimistic or perhaps naive, but I'm not that bothered by everything. I know they can do it, I know they DO do it, but I have nothing to hide and I understand that it does help to catch the bad guys.

Does it suck that they monitor everyone? Yes, but if they already knew who they had to monitor then they wouldn't need to. In an increasingly technological world, there needs to be increasingly technological surveillance to help protect the people.

Is there corruption? Yes. But are there also many regular people using this for what it's supposed to be used for? Yes.

It's like the TSA searches at the airport. They need to be absolutely sure that nothing dangerous is coming into/onto those planes. People complain about the searches as 'invasions of privacy', which they are to a degree. However, if they were to lighten up on the security and something/someone were to get through and hurt/hark/kill people, then everyone would be in an uproar about them going soft and how they could have stopped it.

I suppose in the end, you just have to realize that this is not a perfect world, but we're doing the what we can with what we have, but realize that out need to look out for yourself also. That's why I always keep hard copies of receipts, papers, homework, important e-mails, etc in a fireproof locking cabinet and have a B.O.B.

Shit happens; it's up to you to be ready for it.

I hope I don't sound like a total ass.

Delta,

The corruption is too rampant for it NOT to be abused. In the 90's, just having a copy of the constitution would put you on a list as a "right-wing" extremist. You'd be questioned as a "militia" if you were out target practicing with more than 2 friends, which was inconvenient for those of us who would go to the range for some skeet or target practice during family get togethers where up to 20 people would be going out.

Really? I've never personally experienced that, and my whole family goes either Skeet or Sporting clays shooting 1-2x a month when the weather is nice out.

I know there is a lot of corruption, but like I said, I'm probably still too naive and optimistic about our government.

It's like the TSA searches at the airport. They need to be absolutely sure that nothing dangerous is coming into/onto those planes. People complain about the searches as 'invasions of privacy', which they are to a degree.

The problem is that the TSA searches do nothing and have caught NOBODY! The abuses are rampant - we all have our stories - but with family who were in the industry up until recently, I can tell you absolutely that TSA searches are eye candy to keep the unknowing traveling public from being up in arms about security. We get a warm fuzzy and the government gets to add to the size of the Civilian Defense Corps - oh, wait they don't officially exist yet. The reason that Israel Air Lines does their own security is that THEY know how to profile and check. (I've told any one who will listen that when 19 out of 19 suicide murders are young, Arab, Islamic males that is NOT profiling - that is a bloody All Points Bulletin! Instead, the mental midgets with room temperature IQs hassled Gov. Joe Foss and would NOT let him take a sharp pointed star with him on a flight. Oh, by the way, the star was on his Congressional Medal of Honor. I know for a fact that they have taken disposable razors from pilots (pilots who have a crash axe on the wall behind them!) and finger nail clippers from on duty, ARMED Federal Air Marshals. This while NOT checking a group of young Arab men traveling in a group. REALLY?

Feel safer now?

OK, I have a problem with this whole thing, sorry about the rant but I consider it to be the height of stupidity and definitely NOT a survival trait to allow the nanny state to give you a warm fuzzy feeling while stealing your freedom.

....... The reason that Israel Air Lines does their own security is that THEY know how to profile and check. (I've told any one who will listen that when 19 out of 19 suicide murders are young, Arab, Islamic males that is NOT profiling - that is a bloody All Points Bulletin! .....

Never understood how profiling was such a bad thing on terrorist, gangs, and immigration. But then again if there was problem with a militia group, motor cycle gang, organized crime family, etc... then it is ok to profile..... humm... wonder what's different????

Seems to me most of the changes as far as security and profiling is a desperate gov. attempt at more control to beat out the competition. I don't see much difference between our gov. , their gov., street gangs, the hell's angels, The Mafia (which everyone knows doesn't even exist ;).) Gangs just have less propaganda. They all want cash and control and they all kill each other for reasons most of them probably do not fully understand. When EVERYONE just wants more more more, there is no simple answer to things like this. That's why I do not involve myself very much in politics. People tell me that if I don't vote that I don't have a voice and have no right to complain, blah blah blah. But I disagree with the whole kit and kaboodle so I choose not to be involved. I believe that politics , democrats, liberals, republicans, fox news, grass roots, all of it, just a bunch of topics to argue about while accomplishing nothing, meanwhile the machine in place keeps on truckin basically undisturbed. At the end of the day I don't have a better solution other than we should stop killing each other (ok I'm not a hippie, I do not own a single thing with a peace symbol on it, if someone f's with me or my family directly I'll do anything in my power to stop it, but I think the insane amount of fighting and killing for rich assholes agendas is wrong.I don't feel that humans have evolved much since caves, we just have more shiny stuff. All war does is create enemies no matter who wins) I can't say things couldn't be better but they could def be worse. If the gov. didn't profile and collect info and snoop we could end up having to learn a new language, I speak such poor english that I don't like that idea. The problem is the gov. has become something that is only concerned with itself and not the people it uses as fuel. A trapped animal will do almost anything to escape and survive won't it? I think that there's too many chiefs and not enough indians, too many people in government make decisions based on what's good for them and their friends. IDK , too many what ifs. Life could be so simple if there were Zombies....

So yea we're talking about big sis right? anyone else notice the car insurance company "progressives' snapshot?" hooked into your vehicles OBDII port? RECORDS how you drive... how does said recording, get BACK to the company?? its got a cellphone in it with GPS device and looks at how many miles you drive, when, and how you drive. you know, living in the state of GA, the insurance companies are required to tell the state when you don't have insurance, i was unable to pay, due to lack of work, for 3 days without insurance, got a ticket from the treasury dept for said lapse. now if the insurance is required to tell when not insured, its all of a matter of WHEN are they required to tell, when you do an average of 10 mph over any posted speed limit sign?

different line of thought, ever see that lame movie "Rendition" with Reese witherspoon in it? if you look up "extraordinary rendition" on wikipedia... that line in that other movie "The Hurt Locker" when that cabbie comes screaming to a stop and he nearly shoots'm "If he wasn't a terrorist, he sure is now" comes to mind....

Before we get off on the wrong foot most people on this site I feel are trying to live in reality and being prepared is not a bad thing if nothing happens we got a lot of good camping food and gear and have a god old time and a laugh, you got to have a sense of humor after all. after Y2K i ate great for months saved money on my grocery bill and I was happy that life returned to normal as I am sure all of us did...

BUT>>>>

people who do not have their homes paid off blah blah it will not matter in extreme circumstances nothing is going to matter and if TEOTWAWKI happens does anyone believe it will go back to any semblance of normal is dumb as dirt once the powers that be will have all power they will treat you like a peasant you will have to kiss their ring it will be worse than mid evil Europe because if we go down the whole world will go to crap it will take many years to recover.

the old west is one example how about Tammany hall Chicago in the 20's and 30's in any large city terror reigns today even worse.

there are 35,000 individual gangs in the U.S. you are paying 20,000 dollars to keep each one that is caught in prison 40,000 + each for the dangerous ones who will never get out and all of their medical dental psychological drugs and treatments they get free while your family can't even get a free flu pneumonia meningitis or children's school injections these are the killers of youth and older but unless your over 65 of on welfare you pay and pay and pay

how stupid are you folks out there every police officer judge and official has an enemy identification problem we got bikers running around advertising that they sell drugs on there vests M C what do you think it stands for mellow and carefree most have prison records long as your arm.

where i am from law officers are continually jailed for drug running and helping dealers and gangs there are gang members in areas and parts of business and government local and fed

gang bangers and their tattoos are everywhere there are parts of the city I live near the cops wont go in unless there are a few cars of them.

home invasions by certain gangs and they will not round up any of them except the couple involved in that one crime... Rico only works if your not a gang banger ..but if you give someone a ride and they got drugs you go down too if you buy something from a garage sale and it just happens to be stolen your going to jail for receiving stolen merchandise the criminal justice system is totally corrupt....

most people are severely uninformed about the law.

T.V. shows families suffering over the poor investigative techniques that ruin any chance of justice for their lost loved ones, murder classified as suicide accidents that are really murder.

and this is happening right now in one of the best countries in the world...

the powerful will be the new rulers how many children have been taught any morals snitching will grow to new standards your own kids will tell on you thinking they will get what you leave but that will be stolen from them by the powers that be of the coming time.

if you have no money how are you going to pay your home taxes??? you do not own your home you only rent it from the state and county you poor dumb b#%^&&*. this country has given away all of it freedoms for false security a VAT tax that replaces land taxes would be best.

But we only pay X its lower than "over there" still you are stupid there's a county tax state tax tax on gas your phone has numerous taxes when you buy a car a home everything you buy tolls on roads that never pay off and then you got a smart card on your windshield to auto pay your toll Americans and the dumbest group I have ever seen I am sad that I are one.

I have asked told pleaded and even tried to get people to sign petitions on things that are your rights but NO I do not want to have my name on any political paper you say..65% make me sick and half of the 35% left over are leftist these just totally befuddle me.

if everything goes down I am not helping anyone period I will give helpful information now but if you do not believe or lazy, stupid to try or procrastinate too bad. the news from every side speaks of problems there are more disasters than at any time in recent history at one time.

the law can take your home and car if you have contraband in your either home or car what makes you think when everything goes to pot that like in the day they won't plant something on you...

there are still laws on the books eminent domain why? you do not have rights to or over your own property.

you cannot correct your own children teach them in your ways unless it some fringe illogical manifesto like rock or tree huggers or dancing in the moonlight dressed like a ferry.

they take your kids if you correct them by the BOOK but if you live in a neo hiel

Itler camp or have an alternative lifestyle that's ok its happening all around us all the time for years and no outcry.

equality under the law is bunk look at this actress 5 times on probation and during that time supposedly took a expensive item, go steal a steak from a grocery store and see what happens if it were me or you we would be in prison.

You poor poor dumb souls..............

Before we get off on the wrong foot most people on this site I feel are trying to live in reality and being prepared is not a bad thing if nothing happens we got a lot of good camping food and gear and have a god old time and a laugh, you got to have a sense of humor after all. after Y2K i ate great for months saved money on my grocery bill and I was happy that life returned to normal as I am sure all of us did...

BUT>>>>

people who do not have their homes paid off blah blah it will not matter in extreme circumstances nothing is going to matter and if TEOTWAWKI happens does anyone believe it will go back to any semblance of normal is dumb as dirt once the powers that be will have all power they will treat you like a peasant you will have to kiss their ring it will be worse than mid evil Europe because if we go down the whole world will go to crap it will take many years to recover.

the old west is one example how about Tammany hall Chicago in the 20's and 30's in any large city terror reigns today even worse.

there are 35,000 individual gangs in the U.S. you are paying 20,000 dollars to keep each one that is caught in prison 40,000 + each for the dangerous ones who will never get out and all of their medical dental psychological drugs and treatments they get free while your family can't even get a free flu pneumonia meningitis or children's school injections these are the killers of youth and older but unless your over 65 of on welfare you pay and pay and pay

how stupid are you folks out there every police officer judge and official has an enemy identification problem we got bikers running around advertising that they sell drugs on there vests M C what do you think it stands for mellow and carefree most have prison records long as your arm.

where i am from law officers are continually jailed for drug running and helping dealers and gangs there are gang members in areas and parts of business and government local and fed

gang bangers and their tattoos are everywhere there are parts of the city I live near the cops wont go in unless there are a few cars of them.

home invasions by certain gangs and they will not round up any of them except the couple involved in that one crime... Rico only works if your not a gang banger ..but if you give someone a ride and they got drugs you go down too if you buy something from a garage sale and it just happens to be stolen your going to jail for receiving stolen merchandise the criminal justice system is totally corrupt....

most people are severely uninformed about the law.

T.V. shows families suffering over the poor investigative techniques that ruin any chance of justice for their lost loved ones, murder classified as suicide accidents that are really murder.

and this is happening right now in one of the best countries in the world...

the powerful will be the new rulers how many children have been taught any morals snitching will grow to new standards your own kids will tell on you thinking they will get what you leave but that will be stolen from them by the powers that be of the coming time.

if you have no money how are you going to pay your home taxes??? you do not own your home you only rent it from the state and county you poor dumb b#%^&&*. this country has given away all of it freedoms for false security a VAT tax that replaces land taxes would be best.

But we only pay X its lower than "over there" still you are stupid there's a county tax state tax tax on gas your phone has numerous taxes when you buy a car a home everything you buy tolls on roads that never pay off and then you got a smart card on your windshield to auto pay your toll Americans and the dumbest group I have ever seen I am sad that I are one.

I have asked told pleaded and even tried to get people to sign petitions on things that are your rights but NO I do not want to have my name on any political paper you say..65% make me sick and half of the 35% left over are leftist these just totally befuddle me.

if everything goes down I am not helping anyone period I will give helpful information now but if you do not believe or lazy, stupid to try or procrastinate too bad. the news from every side speaks of problems there are more disasters than at any time in recent history at one time.

the law can take your home and car if you have contraband in your either home or car what makes you think when everything goes to pot that like in the day they won't plant something on you...

there are still laws on the books eminent domain why? you do not have rights to or over your own property.

you cannot correct your own children teach them in your ways unless it some fringe illogical manifesto like rock or tree huggers or dancing in the moonlight dressed like a ferry.

they take your kids if you correct them by the BOOK but if you live in a neo hiel

Itler camp or have an alternative lifestyle that's ok its happening all around us all the time for years and no outcry.

equality under the law is bunk look at this actress 5 times on probation and during that time supposedly took a expensive item, go steal a steak from a grocery store and see what happens if it were me or you we would be in prison.

You poor poor dumb souls..............

Justcallmesnake,

While we all need to rant on occasion, I think you will find this group a tad more accepting if you refrain from insulting everyone here. Poor punctuation, poor grammar, incomplete sentence/thoughts and poor spelling aside, you have done an excellent job of letting everyone (not just us but everyone you indicate that you've talked to) know a couple of things.

First is that you are an absolute loner who is "hording" stuff. Post TSHTF you've made yourself a target for every gang, desperate person or government functionary.

Second, you indicate you have made it very clear that no one should come to you for help. That may be well and good but don't expect to be welcome at anyone else's campfire. You are on your own.

You do have some good points, however the "rant" style of post does make it tough to have a conversation. I recognize the frustration and the valid points (as long as we must pay taxes we don't own our land, for example - true enough, that's why I'm encouraging "freehold" ( http://www.lectlaw.com/def/f059.htm ) movements to get laws changed), it is just difficult to not dismiss what appears to be an emotional out bust that has the effect of calling us all losers and dumb. I may be, but after 62 years of surviving I tend to think I may have learned a couple of things about how the world works. I suggest, sir, that you will be more effective in impressing the folks on these threads with logic and reason instead of emotions.

Just my not so humble opinion.

Capt Bart:

pardon my I do appreciate and understand your thought on my post and no I do not want to name call I was merely attempting to expose that it takes time and lots of research to get competent in total and as far as

not wanting to help others I mean those who are not wanting to do for themselves while the can.

and believe me when I say that I am so very positive of all the members of this site I am bolstered that these folks are interested in self sufficiency.

and sorry that you took it as a rant sometimes it hard to form a linear and cohesive idea where we are unable to converse and having had a heart attack and some discomfort and phone interruptions and ideas fly so

fast its sometimes is hard to get it all in a outline that makes it palatable.

and I do thank you for your kind way of critiquing my "rants" as I am sure they may come off that way.

in conclusion please be aware that I was not meaning to speak of anyone on this forum as looser or or dumb

in fact the opposite because they are on this site they are making the effort to get informed and trade

information some are young and I especially do not want to think that I would berate them as they are the

anchor and hope to carry on our decency honor and civility on to the next generation

if I need to make an apology please accept this as a start..

respectfully Juzcallmesnake

as an addendum I have a specialty that means i get many phone calls and it interrupts my train of thought

and please take my "rants" as meaning others, not persons on this site I have been involved and attempting

to train people in certain disciplines and find a large number have no real interest to learn but want it done for them or for free attempting to find a shortcut where there are none disconcerting to say the least

my problem not anyone else's

if I need to make an apology please accept this as a start..

respectfully Juzcallmesnake

No apology necessary, sir. You are quite correct that without face to face conversation what is a strong statement in my mind is a rant to everyone else. There are times when I do rant - I just try to know I'm doing it and issue a warning that my rant follows - that way those who don't want to hear me whine can skip that part :rolleyes: .