Sign in to follow this  
ndrwmoore4

SHTF Power Generation

So I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on power generation in a SHTF scenario.

Having recently experienced a power outage, I began to question the way I have been prepping.

Having no power wasn't at all that scary, in fact I enjoyed it for the short time it was out. However, I did notice the drawback of using candles as a light source. Not the least of which was the weakness of using just one candle (for conservation), and the short life span of emergency candles (8 hours?)

I personally have sought power generators but ultimately decided against traditional ones as they are noisy and require gasoline to run.

I found this generator and like the advantages it gives as opposed to gas operated:

- very quiet

- no gasoline needed

- efficient

- stealthy

I have purchased it and like what this source of power brings to the table, as I don't plan on giving up reading when the SHTF

Just mainly wanted to know what others are doing for power generation... and if you have found other stealthy ways to produce power

I am sorry ndrwmoore4 but this is just plain snake oil! There is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine which is what this device claims to be. You should have spent your money on canned goods.

Buyer beware!! The HoJo Motor is 100% hoax...it's a scam. For ndrwmoore4 to indicate that he has actually purchased the plans, built a working magnetic motor,and is happy with the outcome causes me to believe that somehow I have crossed over into an alternate universe where the laws of physics are very different.

Scams, frauds and hoaxes are even more prevalent in today's world because of the Internet and cell phones and the opportunity for instant communication with strangers. Again, buyer beware!!