Sign in to follow this  
John

Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount

Capt, you gonna love this one for 1911s and other such, but any holster can be used or get a suitable model from the maker of this in-car handgun mount system.

The Gum Creek (gumcreekcustoms.com) Handgun Mount is a strap system that mounts under the steering column on basically any vehicle via a mount hook that goes under the lower dash panel cover, and just under the steering wheel column or the top portion of the panel cover.

There is an accessory strap that I had to use on my Chevrolet Silverado pick up. It loops around the steering column then attaches to the holster and lower panel hook. Once everything is pulled tight with the adjustable buckles, the holstered gun sits just up under the column with the pistol butt to the right for a right handed grab.

From outside the vehicle one would really have to be looking hard to see the gun mounted under the steering wheel.

The mount-holster combo retails for $49.95 or the mount can be used with your existing holster selling for $34.95.

John,

Nice looking setup. I'm not sure how Texas would look at that arrangement as far as concealment goes. If it is a secure mount that looks like a good way to keep your weapon readily available while still secure. Thanks for the link to the website. You are right, it certainly bares looking into.

Years ago in my home southern state the "concealed" question was challenged when some authorities pointed out that even a handgun lying in plain view on a car seat was partially concealed with the part of the gun against the seat not being seen. Talk about nitpicking. Castle Law took care of that here, though I have not heard of case of it being testing via a vehicle. It certainly has proven itself for home and business defense.