Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevin

It is against the law to....

Guest kevin

:rolleyes:IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO....

use animal meds even those are the same as human ones.

for instance if you wanted to have a supply of emergency antibiotics that store well without refrigeration you may not legally ; go to your local feed and seed or pet supply store and buy powdered tetracycline for human usage.

you may not then, after looking up the dosages for the numerous things it treats, take said product.

you MAY however have tetracycline stored legally for your live stock. as it treats a wide range of animals it may be worth storing some. and at the price of around 7 dollars for 10,000 mgs it is cheap enough to be worth it if your stock ever needs it.

hopes this helps everyone stay legal.

Edited by kevin

Kevin,

You are spot on. We've run through some of this in other places but you are quite correct. The other problem is the shelf life. Some of the meds don't keep well. I don't remember what off the top of my head but fish meds in general keep well but be careful - while most meds just lose potency, some alter chemically and can be dangerous. You don't want to poison your fish.

Found this for our Animals..

http://www.drugs.com/pro/tetracycline.html

just in case you have a HERD...it might help..

JMHO..Disclamer...this is for use on Animals only, please ask a Vet for useage.Never break the law..

Know what your doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Results of animal studies indicate that Tetracyclines cross the placenta, are found in fetal tissues and can have toxic effects on the developing fetus (often related to retardation of skeletal development). Evidence of embryotoxicity has also been noted in animals treated early in pregnancy. If this drug is used during pregnancy or if the patient becomes pregnant while taking this drug, the patient should be apprised of the potential hazard to the fetus. Tetracycline drugs should not be used during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary.........................................................................................

Edited by 101matt

Guest survival101

LMAO. Stock up on condoms people. Prevents social diseases and unplanned pregnancy. Just a word to the wise. I'm too old to worry about becoming a mommy, but I have a stock of condoms for SHTF possibles. You never know... ROFL....

You mean that people should go to drug houses to buy drugs??? Every time we take our dog to one, every one runs like h@ll, jump out of windows and do all sorts of stupid things. One even ran into a tree. Man!, those people are afraid of dogs.

Snake... you sure seem to know a lot about certain diseases....just saying. LMAO Play a lot of Dr. did you, when you were younger?

VIS 9

I'll play doctor any ol' time I am not allergic to women yet, I am mad at the

L in GLBT they said I could not join because I was a man now is that not narrow minded

and discriminatory but of course no lawyer will take the case so I am in a grieving period.

and survival101 you have taken being prepared to my level LOL

Guest kevin

hey capt. the pack i bought is sealed in mylar and ,if stored at 70 degrees or cooler, has a shelf life of 6 years. id like longer but so far thats tops that i have found. i havent looked into the fish stuff, but my nephew raises tropical fish for pet stores, i know who to ask.

LMAO. Stock up on condoms people. Prevents social diseases and unplanned pregnancy. Just a word to the wise. I'm too old to worry about becoming a mommy, but I have a stock of condoms for SHTF possibles. You never know...

I wonder how much TACTICAL condoms cost?

LMAO. Stock up on condoms people. Prevents social diseases and unplanned pregnancy. Just a word to the wise. I'm too old to worry about becoming a mommy, but I have a stock of condoms for SHTF possibles. You never know...

Depends on the camo pattern you want. lmao

hey capt. the pack i bought is sealed in mylar and ,if stored at 70 degrees or cooler, has a shelf life of 6 years. id like longer but so far thats tops that i have found. i havent looked into the fish stuff, but my nephew raises tropical fish for pet stores, i know who to ask.

Kevin,

Remember that most expiration dates are artificial. (NOTE I said MOST. Some are serious and mean it, some meds can turn dangerous). For things like water you figure your expiration date because you have to test it to something. There is no way to test to infinity so the companies pick something they can test to, do that, apply the expiration date and everyone is happy. Do that kind of thing on orbit all the time. We also 'extend' the life of such items routinely as we get more data we can use. Just how long does it take for MAGs (Moisture Absorbent Garments (astronauts do NOT wear adult diapers:rolleyes:)) to go "stale"? They need a shelf life so they get one but it is routinely extended.

My point is not that the dates are meaningless. My point is to check the item and see if the date means something. Some things (like water) the date doesn't mean much beyond "that is what we tested"; other things it means less potency; while still other things it means this junk will kill you! It pays to know the difference.

Just my not so humble opinion.

TACTICAL??? Does that mean camo?? What color would that be? If you droped on in the woods would you be able to find it? Can they see you coming? Boggles the mind. I'm sure Snake can explain it.

Edited by VIS 9

I am sure that my esteemed colleague Capt Bart

Has gnawed off the end of his #2 pencil reading some of my posts, but here it goes.

well I was wondering was that misspelled and was it suppose to be testicular?

because in these days you got to cover everything including your backside.

and if so then send me a link for jumbo or 2 or 3x large wait one.....checking ...checking

yes 2 or 3x large I was checking the mirror I was using for that disclaimer on my mirror,

"Objects in mirror are closer {larger} than they appear " or a indication of magnification {none}

so put me in for some of those.

If it is tactical, and calls for some back door operation or HALO or specialty diving I am all in,

Having been well versed in rebreather, scuba, saturation, and bounce diving our motto

No sea to ruff no muff too tuff, I also have experience WRECK diving {long diving career}.

I have HALO {high altitude low opening} and LALO {low altitude low opening} but my favorite is

tandem jumping ;=}

here is a site for biodegradable non toxic tactical lube as comfort for long insertions is paramount.

and seems as if it could be used on your Weapon or your GUN {this is your weapon, this is your gun}

http://www.utvtactical.com/froglube.htm

having knowledge of wet work, rapid insertion, E&E and OPSEC I think I can be trusted to keep

specifics of the operation to my self.

Time management is critical as I wear Danner boots not red wings.

Snake,

I knew I could count on you to explain the problem and solve it. It was the TACTICAL part that was confusing to me, as I can think of only a few ways to employ such a device. Some of which I have limited experience with. We did not get too deep into the subject during E&E classes.

VIS 9

well to be dreadfully honest the E&E part is after the first contact so further no contact may

be necessary, as you have gathered all the intel upon initial reconnoiter.

so dumping your gear and making it tamper resistant or the golden Easter egg

and hit the extraction point avoiding all indigenous natives and collaborators

so it does not turn into a manhunt or embarrass with extreme prejudice scenario.

I had considered how to employ such a device myself and came to the only conclusion was .....

suspenders civilian type as tactical do not have the proper clips.

and when you get old enough you take opsec to new levels as in you wear a belt and suspenders.

unfortunately back to the subject what was that again OH OK............expiration dates

well as far as I can tell everything is illegal either as a county, state federal or under interstate or

the maze of rules under home land .......... and then the rats nest of DEA interpretation of said laws

I was fishing in the great northwest and asked a fellow fisherperson

"how do you know what law applies when and where" they said after careful analysis and this is a quote

"it is best to go fishing with a lawyer and judge one to argue the law the other to make a judgement"

Kevin I am afraid that is where you are between the devil and the deep blue sea

or a rock and a hard place they have woven a net to catch everyone including their own so if

any should step out of line they can reel them in and apply the appropriate pressure to gain the desired

effect on the individual or group and this applies to all others the threats are real as numerous groups

have relinquished their civil and constitutional rights to remain "at large" free and they are made to

understand that breaking the agreement will ensue the full wrath and vengeance of the law.....

it happens every day people agree to not use a computer not be around minors not to own certain

or have in their possession whatever has been agreed to in the bond or depending on jurisdiction

or use or go within x number of feet of a person place or group and they may not have been convicted

yet or ever the judge is given authority to accept parameters as laid down by a prosecuting entity.

there are loopholes in the law for their use and if you agree and sign it can and will be used against you.

I am not a lawyer but have come to understand these things by watching groups and individuals

loose certain rights and wondering why they were not jailed and found that an agreement was penned.

or part of a parole or probationary order it can be a mind altering and bone of contention in a community

but it can and does happen all the time if we only knew all the incidents we would be sickened by

the laws total disregard for itself and the people it is suppose to protect as in the witness protection

program, protection of people giving states evidence or informants has been abused and misused

Norma Rae a movie with sally field was an incident of legal failure people thinking they were helping

have found themselves in a legal quandary and basically a gag order to silence them from exposing a

truth as in official secrets act and trade agreements act each state can have one under these acts

many bodies are buried and callous and vile acts are hidden from view you can be arrested any time

anywhere for anything and because we have law you can have your your day in court for a mere

everything you own and still loose because the rules of evidence an be used against you and you are

presumed GUILTY until a judge states otherwise.

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said "A guilty man does not need a lawyer he can lie for himself"

and I cannot remember who said it but basically he said "I have been found not guilty now where do

I go to get my dignity back" or something to that effect

an internet search of the quote of either Benjamin Franklin or this quote yielded only casey anthony

B.S. figures our children will be debased into utter stupidity by internet searches.

IMHO