Sign in to follow this  
rckmsc628

The Dream!

An island with 50 cal machine gun turrets at 150 yard intervals, cave entrances on 4 sides, and good soil to grow on. Maybe 200 - 300 people who know thier way around a garden and farm......

aaaaannnnnnnd I call bullstuff on myself.

Unlimited funds would mean a few diiferent well stocked locations that would include people who live and farm the surrounding acreage. The last thing I would want to do is to bug out to a unmaintained hole that is overgrown and unliveable.

If money were no object, I would have a full underground compound with hydroponics and housing for livestock. There would be minimal footprint visible from the surface and what is there would be disguised. There would also be hidden escape routes should that be necessary.

Basically, I want a shelter that could handle pretty much anything short of a direct nuke hit. That should handle the super volcano eruptions just fine, should something like that happen. I'd also want it shielded from EMP.

At that point, I'm in heaven ;)

Ok, here is just a fun post...

I'd buy the country back from the chinese, kick ALL the "elected crooks" out.... I think maybe Greece needs some help and let Awake and Rick implement their plans from Awake's thread. Then I'd only have to worry about natural disasters for my preps...lol.

Ok, my post is just an interjection of humor but it is also fairly true in intent. This nation would revert back to a Constitutional Republic.

I'd buy the country back from the chinese, kick ALL the "elected crooks" out.... I think maybe Greece needs some help and let Awake and Rick implement their plans from Awake's thread. Then I'd only have to worry about natural disasters for my preps...lol.

Ok, my post is just an interjection of humor but it is also fairly true in intent. This nation would revert back to a Constitutional Republic.

That truly is a dream, a nice one though.

Hmmm Well lets see

Island

decent bunker complex

enough for maybe 200 with food supplies for 3 years

Machine shop

Carpentry and general construction shop.

Armory with enough slav shit to equip the former soviet union.

LIbray

Rec Room

Aqua culture room and green house

Deep well natural gas tap to provide fuel for heat and power.

Small dock facility including 6 jet skis and spare parts, Two landing craft. Depending on size of body of water two ferry boats. Two fishing trawlers.

Above ground space on island would include at least 200acres of permaculture land.

large bunker aircraft bay including one dc3 and probably another smaller fixed wing as well as 25 to 30 para-gliders.

Second bunker building with secondary armory

oh and of course 4 t59p chinese main battle tanks.

On the reaming few hundred acres I would set up a small agrarian community and double up with much of what was in the bunker.

Oh and not to sound two crazy but i already have it roughly priced out. not bad comes in at just under 150million

Edited by Mrdahut
didnt finish

Sounds like a kickass plan to me!

Screw trying to track down an island to buy and then have to figure out how to get all of the construction done on it that you need. If money were no object, how about BUILDING yourself a yacht-as-island, like the ones conceptualized here?

http://www.yachtislanddesign.com/concepts/

I'm fond of the "Utopia" concept, but hey, why not go for their tropical island or Monaco theme, and go for indulgence along with survival? You could literally take care of hundreds of your friends and family in comfort, along with the necessary crew, in the space these provide. And they are mobile, so you could navigate out of trouble spots and into safer/better environs as necessary.

On a slightly less fanciful note, as if I had a ton of money but not an *infinite* budget, I would buy 150-300 acres of mixed forest/farmland (not too difficult to find around here, even if looking for places away from highways and bigger towns). I would build - from the ground up - a family compound that is completely off-the-grid, probably working with one of my cousins (a prepper and experienced woodsman), his wife (experienced with fish hatcheries and wildlife management), and their boys, and establish sustainable farming/livestock/game for our small group that could be scaled for a larger group if the need arose.

Then it would be a matter of systematically prepping for the scenarios we think are most likely to affect us, and making sure that we thoroughly research and plan each step of the way. You could certainly waste a lot of money just buying large quantities of everything possible, but in a TEOTWAWKI scenario, having too much could actually be a bad thing IMO. You don't want to start out with in a lazy, complacent way (because getting motivated later as things worsen will be even more difficult), and you don't want to have so much stuff that you don't really know what you have/don't have (suddenly running out of a staple because you weren't organized enough to effectively ration it would be bad news).

Then I'd start taking classes and improving my survival and tactical knowledge. I'd probably start with these two:

http://www.wildernesscollege.com/wilderness-certification.html

http://www.thunderranchinc.com/courses.html

Why do all of these sound like the same plans some movie character evil genius would come up with?

ah hell.....all of us are on par with James Bond villians and 'Cobra Commander'....dammit :/

LOL

Okay, some of those "villains lairs" are freaking awesome. The underwater dome? The tower suspended above abandoned mine? The anti-aircraft towers in Vienna that are already basically self-contained AND can't be torn down? The haunted offshore pleasure palace? As my (admittedly odd) sister would say, "AMAZEBALLS!"

I only want 100 acres,half lumber half pasture and a metal and wood shop outfitted with all the tools.A gasifier from Victory Gasofier and premission to bulid and giveaway.Hoop building to grow vegies 12 months a year.Build it and people will come and learn.

On second thought bring me some Kentuck Barrels...we can use those.

I got the other things covered..

My use of the word 'Kentuck" is from my father,"Kentuck has gumbo dirt and is some of the best to grow stuf in"Thats from an Ark.farmer..just saying

Edited by 101matt